Well, we had a nice XBOX HUEG snowstorm on Thursday, although they say we didn't get the whole storm luckily. Thursday was just brutal. I had to drop by the office on Thursday to get some project work done and left at 4:45 pm. Was stuck on the road and didn't get home until an hour and a half later. This is compared to about a 15-20 min drive on a normal day. Just brutal...
Friday morning was much different. Woke up to find that the air was milder, there may have been a ton of snow, but it was nice snow. Fluffy snow, packing snow... the type that would've been perfect for making snowmen, having snowball fights, and of course, skiing and snowboarding. OH I WISH I DID NOT HAVE TO WORK THIS WEEKEND!!! I'd SO hit the slopes because the snow is JUST PERFECT!!! <3
Unfortunately, stuck in the office today (and even worse, at the Etobicoke datacentre... grumble) and it's a boring day. Not really in the mood to do much WORK work... however, I should because I got lucky yesterday. Met my boss to discuss the progress of my projects. One is done (yay!) but the other two didn't even make it across the starting line. My boss gave me a compromise of just doing one of them and beating the requirements to allow him to scratch the other one. My boss is so nice to me... sniff sniff... I really should take this opportunity to work on that project... but then, there's the "I'll do it tomorrow" demon bugging me today. I need better motivation.
Things are changing at the office... a lot of changes. I should be ok to post this because it was already on the news and is now public: We merged with the mother company to form one corporate entity. What does that mean? It means that the two staffs will be working together. Already there's a lot of stuff happening in the upper management side. Soon it will inevitably trickle down all the way to us grunts. How these changes will impact us, we don't know yet. I'm not saying I'll be out of a job... but that the 2006 year for us will be VERY interesting. There's already some overlap of staffs b/c the mother company also has staff that does similar jobs to staff here. However, now that the company is much larger and is much more national, there shouldn't be much job cuts because the manpower is truly needed to maintain our level of service. It's pretty interesting to see. We all hear about such large changes in companies, but to become involved in one... it really opens one's eyes.
It really amazes me that I still feel so... out of touch with things. I'm very good at my job, but when it comes to the corporate gossip, rumour mills, and analysing what's happening right now, I'm almost clueless. It kinda scares me in a way because that means I'm almost oblivious to what's happening around me. Fortunately, having some talkative co-workers really helps. Should things change, I'll certainly miss some of that. But then, life goes on.
Currently Listening To: Rob Dougan - Instrumental (From the Furious Angels album)
(Gee I wish there was a small media file format so I could post songs on my blog and play them as background music... I always find these beautiful instrumental pieces I just can't stop listening to. I hope I've collected enough to burn a CD soon... oh can't wait for in-car MP3-ness!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment