I've always been fascinated at why I haven't gone to see a doctor for 8 years, even for a normal checkup. Actually, I probably SHOULD go for a checkup... otherwise, something nasty and big might be happening to me right now and I wouldn't know it. Yippie... However, on the bright side, I haven't gone crying to a doctor whenever a cold or flu or slight sickness get to me. My parents are firm believers in the vitamin and herbal remedy thing, and I pretty much believe them because I haven't gotten any illness that has kept me out of action for more than a week. Whenever I've gotten a cold, it's a matter of loading up on serious vitamins like A and C and that wonder herb known as Echinacea (which btw, some argue actually does NOTHING, but it seems to work for me =P). I've never been sick for more than a 2 or 3 days on average. It's stuff like this makes me glad I'm not into anti-biotics:
http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2005/12/5/2004
Ever since news came out about those drug-resistent bacteria and viruses and whatnot, I was pretty sure that our future was going to be pretty interesting... My 3rd sis is in the sciences, and she finds it retarded that people are so into getting drugs for all their mild sicknesses. She firmly believes that's why drugs are getting less effective... I dunno... this might be a dumb rant but stories like those concern me... Besides, I have beef against the pharmaceuticals for pushing so many drugs and other shit when there are obviously better solutions... and people buy into their "solutions" all the time. It's kinda sad and scary at the same time... I dunno... I guess humanity is riding their own path towards something unpleasant... we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment