Sunday, April 17, 2005

For you ladies out there that have told me to go take a hike, I finally did today =P

That's right ladies and gentlemen... I, a man that hasn't done any serious exercise for the past.... I dunno... 3-4 years... actually went out and did something healthy! I went karaoke last night with my friend Geoff and he introduced me to some of his friends. It was pretty fun. They mentioned that they were going to go hiking this morning. Since I planned to actually start doing some exercise this year, I decided to join in. It was actually pretty fun. Very exhausting, but fun. I am soo tired right now I actually plan to sleep pretty soon. But right now, I end the day knowing I did something good for myself and I actually feel very good too! Definitely need to do this more often. It just proves that regular exercise does help, not just physically, but mentally as well. Now, I hope I don't lose this optimism later on as time drags on again.

After hiking, we all went to have lunch. All day breakfast... yummy... Then after squabbling about where to go next, we finally decided to hit the driving range. I haven't swung a golf club in two years, but apparently, I'm actually alright. I could hit the ball a good 150 (yards? feet?), although I slice the ball right a lot. Now I feel motivated to learn golf this year. Unfortunately, my dad sold off his old clubs to someone so now I have no clubs to use. Damn. I bet he wants to get me a set from China... oh joy.. watch them break in a few weeks. =P

Definitely a great day, but I ended up missing mass... I'll have to make up for that next week. All in all, a very productive day. I think I should ask some others to come along next time. Anyone wanna join me? =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're breaking the exercise blues and getting out there and having a lot of fun at the same time.

iammone said...

haha i'll join you when i am back at T.O.