Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

There's that old saying... and in some ways, it's true. In others, not so. In mine, it's 50/50.

Yup, back to that topic again. Isn't this fun? :P

I don't know. You'd think that I'd write about something else... but there really isn't much for me to write about lately. Perhaps later on I will...

I haven't spoken to her voice to voice since mid-January. From that time, I usually converse w/ her online, and then there was the one time where things just got a bit ugly... although we've past that point fortunately for me... at least I hope so. It's funny how the whole time I talked to her online, I felt myself feeling distant... and it felt like that fateful year again... where I seemed to be living my own life again. Just... being here by myself doing my things, thinking about my things, thinking about here... losing my focus on what I need to do. I called her tonight just to see how she's doing (and absent-mindedly thinking it was new years for her already when it's still new years EVE. D'oh!). Hearing her voice brought everything back to the forefront again. I really should call her more often... but the timing is just lousy... we both got work and therefore can't really talk that much. Well, maybe I shouldn't expect to talk so much but you know how it is...

But then, I do find myself getting drawn back to the same problem. Things here are still going too well. Job-wise, I'm really doing good. Projects are rolling. I'm enjoying the things I'm doing at work. Of course, there's still the things outside of work I'm still a bit disatisfied with... but that's up to me to change obviously. My bet is that if things go as planned, I won't have to worry about it for too long :P

Let's see how it goes. It's only February. I know I am a bit disappointed at my current state of affairs still, but to change really old habits will take longer than a month to accomplish. As long as I keep at it I will eventually achieve what I want to achieve. Don't give up!

No comments: