Naturally, I find the door locked. That pretty much should have been the end of it. But I walk away many times, only to find myself creeping back towards it each time.
So the front of that door became my little spot. I would sit there everyday, always wondering, always thinking, and never having any desire to leave. "That door will never open again." they say, and it took me awhile before I realized they were right. It probably would never open again...
Now I hear the bolt of the door. It is no longer locked. Just when I thought I would be walking away from this door for the last time... Now this.
A million thoughts and feelings flood my mind. Questions abound.
Should I knock?
If I do, would the door open?
If it opens, do I dare try to step inside again?
Or will it slam in my face for the last and final time...
Maybe just open it enough just to see that view one more time...


No comments:
Post a Comment